You can make these crisp chocolate cookies with only a few simple ingredients from your kitchen.
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 5-6 tbsp sugar (I used vanilla sugar)
- Dash of salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp flour (or use almond meal to make it gluten free)
- 1 cup coarsely walnuts
- In a bowl mix the melted butter, sugar, salt and cocoa until the sugar has melted. Add the egg whites and flour or almond meal and mix well. Refrigerate the dough for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place a silicone mat or a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet, and using an offset spatula, flatten the dough to about 1/10 of an inch thick. Sprinkle the walnuts over the top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and let it cool completely. Brake into roughly 12 pieces and serve with hot cup of coffee.
- If you are not going to be serving right away, put them on a plate and do not cover it. They tend to soften when placed in an airtight container.
- Adaptation: Nigella Lawson