Baked tomato soup

This is my favourite tomato soup recipe. First I will give you an important tip, choose vine ripened, dark red tomatoes with a thin skin to make this soup. Also, using a variety of tomatoes will ensure the perfect taste, flavor and color. 

Ingredients:
  • 2.2 lbs or 1 kg mixed tomatos
  • 1 onion
  • 5-6 cloves of garlic
  • Fresh thyme, parsley and basil
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 4 cups of chicken broth
  • ½ cup cream (optional)
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper

Directions:

• Finely chop the onion, cut the garlic and tomatos into large chunks, transfer them to a baking tray.  Add all the herbs except for the bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Bake the vegetables in an oven preheated to 230°C or 450°F until tomatos and onions soften.
  • Then transfer it to saucepan, add chicken broth or water and the bay leaves and cook for 5 more minutes.
  • Turn off the heat, discard bay leaves and puree with a blender, add cream, if using and a little more olive oil. Rectify the seasoning with salt and pepper. Enjoy. 

You might also like: 

Yorumlar   

#5 The KitchenMasochist 20-07-2010 20:12
Thank you. I thought 'crema' might be an ingredient I didn't know about.
#4 JodieMo 18-07-2010 21:38
This looks wonderful! And a great use of tomatoes.
#3 dokuzuncubulut 18-07-2010 19:13
The KitchenMasochis t - I made a mistake it is cream. Cream is not necessary. Thanks for your notice. It's perfect recipe I advice you strongly.

Cristina - If you use same herbs it will be perfect when you try make your comments here please.

Thanks for all.
#2 The KitchenMasochist 18-07-2010 18:57
Beautiful! I love all the flavors and I'd love to try this recipe soon.

I just have one question: is crema = cream?

Thanks for sharing! :)
#1 Cristina 18-07-2010 18:47
What a lovely soup - it must have such a great flavor with the roasted tomatoes and herbs you've included. Saved this to my recipe file and looking forward to making it at home!
© 2009 - 2017 dokuzuncubulut Her hakkı saklıdır. Yazı ve fotoğraflar hiçbir şekilde izin alınmadan kullanılamaz, alıntı yapılamaz.