Crispy chocolate cookies with walnuts

You can make these crisp chocolate cookies with only a few simple ingredients from your kitchen.

Ingredients:

• 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
  • 5-6 tbsp sugar (I used vanilla sugar)
  • Dash of salt
  • 2 tbsp cocoa
  • 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
  • 2 tbsp flour (or use almond meal to make it gluten free)
  • 1 cup coarsely walnuts

Directions:

• In a bowl mix the melted butter, sugar, salt and cocoa until the sugar has melted. Add the egg whites and flour or almond meal and mix well. Refrigerate the dough for at least 20 minutes.
  • Preheat the oven to 350F. Place a silicone mat or a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet, and using an offset spatula, flatten the dough to about 1/10 of an inch thick. Sprinkle the walnuts over the top.
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes and let it cool completely. Brake into roughly 12 pieces and serve with hot cup of coffee.
  • If you are not going to be serving right away, put them on a plate and do not cover it. They tend to soften when placed in an airtight container.
  • Adaptation: Nigella Lawson

Yorumlar   

#6 moshi monster codes 30-03-2014 06:32
Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed!
Very helpful information specially the last part :) I care for such info much.
I was looking for this certain information for a very long time.
Thank you and best of luck.
#5 blogbytina! 03-04-2011 06:58
these would be so great with ice cream! thanks for sharing your recipe :)
#4 AnjasFood4Thought 01-04-2011 08:53
I actually put in a whole cup of almond meal, and found it could have been even more. Will keep experimenting, as the result was delicious. Just have to work on the the texture.
#3 dokuzuncubulut 30-03-2011 19:19
Thanks for your interest. I always use this amounts. May be there is a difference between countries. (Ex: type of flour) If necessary you can add a little bit more flour. I hope it will be better. Thank you.
#2 AnjasFood4Thought 29-03-2011 14:52
Are you sure the dough only needs 2 tablespoons of flour/almond meal? Mine was very runny.
#1 AnjasFood4Thought 26-03-2011 12:29
Just my kind of cookies. Will make these soon. Thanks for sharing.
© 2009 - 2017 dokuzuncubulut Her hakkı saklıdır. Yazı ve fotoğraflar hiçbir şekilde izin alınmadan kullanılamaz, alıntı yapılamaz.